Friday, March 26, 2010

Polara

The self-titled debut record from Minneapolis natives Polara sparked a minor bidding war among the majors, which led to the band signing with Interscope for their next few releases. On this track, "Source of Light", from said debut - you can hear why the majors came calling. It's a super hooky and finely crafted alterna-pop song that could have, and should have been huge with the 120 Minutes crowd - though elsewhere on the album they veer into much spacier territory. Their tenure with Interscope never yielded that kind of acclaim, but the band continues to put out great records to this day.

Polara - "Source of Light"

from Polara (1995, Twin/Tone)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex, please help me, I recorded a song on the radio and ask in a forum who sings that song and they told me Slider – Always Always, then I search slider (and found your other blog) and I couldn’t find a song call always always, Maybe you could help to identify the song.
    play it here http://www.4shared.com/audio/EXOn7z5B/Who_Sings_This_Song.html?s=1

    and my e-mail jhonatan.campoverde@yahoo.es

    Thanks for your help

    ReplyDelete